What is the main aim of the Family Support Worker?
The main aim of the service is to listen, support and advise by offering practical parenting strategies to help with:
- Strengthening existing parenting skills
- Managing challenging behaviour and setting boundaries
- Concerns around education including attendance, progress and homework routines, mealtimes, sleep and play
- Parents becoming more involved with their child’s school and learning
Calthorpe Academy’s Family Support Worker is:
Mrs Masuma Rajwani
How do they do it?
Family Support Workers give support to families in many different ways including:
- One-to-one work with parents/ carers including talking, listening and supporting
- Finding practical strategies with parents/carers and children to improve learning, behaviour and relationships
- Referring and signposting to local services
What does a Family Support Worker do?
A Family Support Worker is able to offer impartial support, advice and guidance to parents/carers. This is a school-based service that provides free support with:
- Parenting concerns, school attendance, behaviour management, school holiday activities.
- We can help you access the local services, support with bereavement and relationship breakdown.
- We can give you guidance on benefits / housing / debt, returning to work, training or education.
Upcoming Workshops & Coffee mornings * Makaton Workshop 10.00 to 12.00pm on the 4th of December * The Behaviour that Challenges delivered by Contact for families on the 16th of October 10.00 to 12.00pm * [...]
Thank you to all the parents who have attended the Behaviour Workshop this term, we have had very successful workshop with positive feedback such as: " All the information was very useful, thanks" "Thank you for all [...]
Thank you to all the parents who have attended our workshops this term, we have had very successful workshop with positive feedback such as: RELAX workshop: - “Very relaxing session, Thank you!” - “Fantastic Workshop” [...]
"Parent Support Group" The Parent Support group Offers many advantages. When families with the same concern meet, it can provide mutually needed information and emotional support. There is a sense of community, understanding, and a [...]