In the Complex Needs Department we aim to provide a safe, caring, innovative pupil led learning environment where pupils are respected as individuals, encouraged to reach their optimum level and where their individual complex needs are the focal point of all teaching.
We cater for children in their earliest years of schooling and for some of our pupils this will be their first placement. Each child is valued as an individual and we encourage all pupils to make positive relationships with each other and with adults.
Pupils with Autism experience a safe, structured, learning environment based on SPELL. The department is further split into Primary and Secondary Autism
Pupils in Secondary are growing in confidence and beginning to take responsibility for themselves as independent young adults. We aim to provide high quality education, recognising and valuing the achievement of each individual.
In the 16-19 Department we have a safe learning environment where skills for independent living such as communication, money, practical skills and personal development are reinforced at every stage of a pupil’s education. We focus on transition into adulthood through pupil centered learning that is underpinned by ‘Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning’ (SEAL).
Find out more about us
- To challenge and inspire students to gain the highest standards in a vibrant, well- resourced and personalised learning environment.
- To encourage and inspire students to develop lively enquiring minds, enjoy learning and develop independent creative ideas to achieve their highest aspirations.
- To provide an educational environment that uses new technology as a mechanism to support learning, aid communication and raise standards.
- To ensure that self-evaluation is an ingrained aspect of practice for all staff and students.
- To encourage and prepare students and staff to become active & healthy citizens of the Academy and the wider community.
- To work in a collaborative partnership with local, national and international organisations (such as business, industry and educational institutions), to share our resources and expertise and to learn from them.
- Our commitment to ensuring the SEND Legislation is truly in action: placing parents, families, children and young people at the heart of their decision-making.
- We believe that all members of the Academy have a responsibility to act in a moral and respectful manner towards themselves, others and their environment, showing care, consideration, co-operation and respect for all.
- We believe that all members of the Academy have the right to be safe, supported, valued and cared for at all times.
- We believe that all members of the Academy should be encouraged to develop their skills, expand their knowledge, embrace challenge and reach their full potential.
- We believe in encouraging students and staff to take pride in their achievements and to celebrate their success.
- We support partnerships between students, parents and school to achieve high quality discipline and learning.
- We value all our staff and students, recognising that they deserve the highest respect and quality of resources in promoting achievement of aspirational targets.
- We believe in being fair, honest and compassionate in all our work as a school.
- 09.00 – 10.00 Lesson One
- 10.00 – 10.45 Lesson Two
- 10.45 – 11.00 Break
- 11.00 – 12.00 Lesson Three
- 12.00 – 13.00 Lunch
- 13.00 – 13.45 Lesson Four
- 13.45 – 14.30 Lesson Five
- 14.30 – 15.20 Lesson Six
Holidays and Training days are listed on our attendance page.
|Week Commencing||Menu Week||Week Commencing||Menu Week|
|03/09/18||Week One||10/09/18||Week Two|
|17/09/18||Week Three||24/09/18||Week One|
|01/10/18||Week Two||08/10/18||Week Three|
|15/10/18||Week One||22/10/18||Week Two|
|12/11/18||Week One||19/11/18||Week Two|
|26/11/18||Week Three||03/12/18||Week One|
|10/12/18||Week Two||17/12/18||Week Three|
|07/01/19||Week One||14/01/19||Week Two|
|21/01/19||Week Three||28/01/19||Week One|
|04/02/19||Week Two||11/02/19||Week Three|
|04/03/19||Week Two||11/03/19||Week Three|
|18/03/19||Week One||25/03/19||Week Two|
|01/04/19||Week Three||08/04/19||Week One|
|29/04/19||Week One||06/05/19||Week Two|
|13/05/19||Week Three||20/05/19||Week One|
|10/06/19||Week Three||17/06/19||Week One|
|24/06/19||Week Two||01/07/19||Week Three|
|08/07/19||Week One||15/07/19||Week Two|